The Apex reporting system was recently upgraded and redesigned. You can view the reports using the ‘APEX Reporting System’ links in the quick links section or in the data menu. You can also click this link to be taken there. Please contact PacFIN staff if you have any questions or concerns about the reports.
On December 28th, 2017 software on the PacFIN servers was upgraded. Please let us know if you detect any issues or have questions.
The PacFIN servers will be undergoing system maintenance and upgrades on December 28th. Servers will be taken offline around 3 AM PST and work is expected to be done by 2 PM PST. During this time our main webpage will be available, but the database, Answers and APEX will be unavailable. We will send out an email once the maintenance and upgrades have been completed.
After completion of the upgrades please inform us if you experience any unexpected behavior from any of the systems.
The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) has announced multiple inseason adjustments for groundfish.
For commercial fisheries
- The increases daily trip limits for limited entry fixed gear (LEFG) and open access (OA) sablefish north of 36° N lat
- NMFS is clarying that the lingcod size limits south of 42° N lat. are 24 inches and north of 42° N lat the size limit is 22 inches for the shorebased IFQ fishery
For recreational fisheries
- Higher than expected recreational harvest of yelloweye rockfish have resulted in NMFS implementing depth restrictions.
Effective noon on September, 15th, the National Marine Fisheries Service is reapportioning 41,000 mt from the Pacific whiting tribal allocation to the commercial sectors (see announcement or website). The new allocations are
- Tribal: 36,251 mt
- Catcher/processor: 137,252 mt
- Mothership: 96,884 mt
- Shorebased: 169,547 mt
Effective August 30th at 8pm, the National Marine Fisheries Service has transfereed 47 mt of widow rockfish allocation from the mothership sector to the catcher/processor sector of the Pacific whiting fishery. The revised widow rockfish allocations for the Pacific Whiting fishery are:
- Cather/Processor Sector 458.2 mt
- Mothership Sector 243.3 mt
- Shorebased IFQ 508.0 mt
Additional details will be available at http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa.gov